Dr. Patrick Brodnik
Dr. Patrick Brodnik
Person-Centered Depth Psychology
CPTSD, PTSD, & Trauma Specialist
There's Healing in Being Heard
A Physician Once Said, “The Best Medicine For Humans Is Love.”
Someone Asked, “What If It Doesn’t Work?”
He Smiled And Said, “Increase The Dose.”
I offer a therapeutic relationship in which you encounter authentic caring, feel fully accepted, and experience true empathy through my willingness to listen deeply and enter your experience.
Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
“Pooh?” he whispered.
“Nothing,” said Piglet, taking Pooh’s hand.
“I just wanted to be sure of you.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
2010 Award Recipient
Dr. Brodnik was the 2010 recipient of
Mental Health America's award for action and commitment in striving to ensure that people with mental health needs are provided with the needed services and are accepted into the community through increasing awareness that mental health is an
integral part of overall health.
I Provide Psychological Services To:
- Businesses, Corporations, and Organizations
- I Have Specialized Experience Serving: Veterans, Law Enforcement Officers, Firefighters, Clergy, Medical and Mental Health Professionals, and Crime Victims.
My Philosophy About Psychological Pain
My experience has taught me that we have one specific mechanism in our struggle against the things that disturb us the most psychologically: curiosity, meaning a search for the origin of our pain and distress.
Until we’re willing to get curious about the origin of our pain, we get caught up trying one quick fix after another.
However, these remedies rarely last because our internal drive to know the true causes of our distress is greater than our desire to simply quiet or relieve our symptoms.
It is understandable that we desire a "magic pill" or a "therapeutic technique" that will relieve our distress.
Nevertheless, such a remedy never explains what caused our pain and distress in the first place; therefore, does not relieve our distress for the long-term.
Thus, getting curious about the origin of our pain, and what it is trying to tell us, just might be the lasting healing that we have been searching for all along.
You see, there is a significant difference between curing and healing. Medical science can cure you by using methods that will make your body well, but if you have not come to consciousness through that process, you are not healed. Healing means wholeness!
Accordingly, it would be a privilege to be your ally in discovering the origin of your pain while being a companion on your journey into Wholeness (i.e., consciousness).
"We go back… and back… through the layers of fear, shame, hurt, and negative incantations until we discover the exuberant, unencumbered, delightful, and lovable child that was, and still is, in us. And once we find it, we love and cherish it, and never, never let it go." – Melody Beattie
I Specialize In
- Traumatic Stress & Post-Traumatic Stress
- Complex Post-Traumatic Stress
- Trauma Bonding/Betrayal Bonding
- Male and Female Sexual Abuse
- Childhood Issues and Family Dysfunction
- Past Childhood Abuse, Neglect, & Trauma
- Healing the Wounded Inner Child
- Combat Stress Injury & Line of Duty Stress
- Post Shooting Trauma
- Substance Abuse and Addictive Compulsive Behaviors
- Anger, Hostility, Rage, & Attitude Problems
- Men's Issues (Male Psychology)
- Domestic Violence
- Anxiety, Panic Attacks, & Agoraphobia
- Depression & Mood-Related Conditions
- Grief, Loss, & Traumatic Loss
- Stress, Burnout, & Compassion Fatigue
- Career Challenges & Job Loss
- Financial Stress & Bankruptcy Stress
- Person-Centered Psychology
- Depth Psychology
- Existential Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Organizational & Corporate Psychology
Call me today for a
Free initial phone consultation
(386) 290- 8296
700 West Granada Blvd.
Ormond Beach, FL 32174